About


The Loose Association is a photoblog.

Two ingredients:

A photo.

And a ramble.

Loosely associate.


Old
Associations


February 2006
October 2006



Links

www.flickr.com



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.



07 February 2006

ascension
Mediocrity.

I find it alarming when I realize how mediocre I am. In a vacuum of sorts, I can grow my head to enormous sizes. I can convince myself of my own greatness until I'm pulled out of that vacuum and thrust into the presence of true greatness.

In a similar sense, I think I am wise and so far beyond simpleness until I see a little kid who has stopped following his mother across the lawn to lie down in the grass -- just to examine a leaf and spring back up again. A simple and shameless act, yes, but one that I have long dulled the capability of doing. He is the wise and I the simpleton.

It's like looking up and feeling like I'm falling backward. All to find I've gone nowhere at all.